After taking a week off of wine tasting because of inventory, we were all excited to get back to wine tasting at Party Town. JP didn’t disappoint us. We had a full selection of six different wines to try.
- Altas Cumbres Sauvignon Blanc from Mendoza, Argentina
- Natura Chardonnay (Unoaked)from Casablanca Valley, Chile
- Natura Merlot from Rapel Valley, Chile
- Natura Carmenere from Colchagua Valley, Chile
- Natura Malbec from Rapel Valley, Chile
- Dashe 2012 Late Harvest Zinfandel from Dry Creek Valley, California
The Natura wines from Emiliana Vineyards are made from 100% organically grown grapes and are vegan friendly.
#1 was a typical Sauvignon Blanc. Although a favorite at Party Town, I’m just not a Sauvignon Blanc fan. #2 being unoaked, appealed more to Bushmaster than it did to me. I enjoyed the next three reds with #5 being my favorite. #6 was Bushmaster’s favorite. It was a very nice dessert wine.
Jamie brought in a 2010 Missouri Norton from Cross J Vineyard to share. Norton is always one of my favorites.
We also brought in our recently rebottled Fredonia. This was a first exposure to this grape for those who tried it. Fredonia, developed in 1915 in the town in New York for which it is named, is a hybrid of concord and vinifera grapes. Although it we left it dry, many were able to pick up on the concord aspect of the wine. We were happy to hear so many positive comments.