Beachaven was located right within Clarksville, Tennessee not far off the highway.
They have a large, attractive facility with picnic and activity areas outside. Events are regularly scheduled and listed on their website. Their tasting room was bustling and they were more than eager to offer winery tours to all who were interested. The wine shop was filled with all sorts of wine themed items and specialty snack items.
Their wine list was extensive and offered something for everyone. The Spring 2016 list includes the following:
- Classic White – similar to Pinot Grigio
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barrelhead Red – a blend of Old Vine Zinfandel, Syrah, and Chambourcin
- Budbreak Blush – a semi-dry blush blend of Catawba, Muscat and Seyval
- Melody – their version of Chablis
- Tempo – a soft red wine
- Jazz – Gewurtraminer
- Harmony – a Riesling blend
- Gov’s White – a blend of Traminette and Muscat
- Gov’s Red – a blend of berries and grapes
- Cumberland White – Niagara
- Golden Rose – Concord
- Barrister’s White – a dessert wine made from golden Muscadine grapes
- Barrister’s Red – Black Muscadine
- Heavenly Peach
- Blues – a blend of blueberries and blackberries
- Jazz Jamboree – 100% Sparkling Riesling
- Concord Crescendo – Sparkling Concord
Unfortunately, while free, the tastings are limited to only five pours. My daughter and I joked that we should do a tasting, leave, and them come back to do a second tasting. Instead, we each chose five different wines and then shared our tastings with each other.
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Barrelhead Red
- Budbreak Blush
- Gov’s White
My favorites were the Cabernet Sauvignon, Barrelhead Red, and Budbreak Blush. After tasting the Barrelhead Red, I was looking forward to the Chambourcin which is usually one of my favorites, but it didn’t quite have what I look for in a Chambourcin. I later found out it was not oaked. I’m really finding out I like what wood adds to a wine.
My daughter’s favorites were the Riesling, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Barrelhead Red, and Budbreak Blush and she came away with a couple new additions to her wine rack.
Beachaven was a nice little stop along our day long excursion. I’m sure we will visit again the next time our travels take us to Clarksville.