New to our local scene in 2015 is Brianza Winery. We had been wanting to visit for quite some time, but since they are currently only open for tastings on Saturdays, there always seemed to be some sort of schedule conflict. Our friends, Vicki and David, had been there several times and had even joined their wine club. It didn’t take much to convince them to join us for our first visit. The weather was beautiful and we coordinated a picnic dinner that we shared on the patio.
Our samplings included:
- Sweet Bottom White 2013 – 50% Vidal Blanc, 35% Vignoles, 15% Riesling
- Sweet Bottom White 2014 – Riesling, Vidal Blanc, Cayuga
- Cynthiana 2013
- Cynthiana 2014
- Italian Stallion – Chambourcin, Cynthiana
- Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
- Sweet Bottom Red – Merlot, Blackberry
To say we had a good time is an understatement. We got to meet the owners and their adorable new puppy. We talked wine making and visited until after closing. We joined their wine club and came away with three bottles of wine. Vicki and I got matching Brianza t-shirts too. What a great place to spend a relaxing Saturday evening!