May 28th was graduation day for our son, but the ceremony was over in plenty of time for us to make the weekly wine tasting at Party Town. After getting up early on a Saturday, he was more than happy to be left at home to grab a nap and then do some gaming so he didn’t mind us heading out to party without him.
The day’s offerings included:
- Don Manuel Villafañe2014 Estate Torrontes from Mendoza, Argentina
- Quara 2014 Estate Torrontes from Cafayate, Argentina
- Quintay Clava 2014 Reserve Pinot Noir from Casablanca Valley Chile
- Manifesto 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon from Lake County, California
- Manifesto 2014 Zinfandel from Lake County, California
After sampling them all, I determined my favorite of the day to be #4, the Cabernet Sauvignon, while Bushmaster’s favorite was #5, the Zinfandel.
The dessert wine was another offering from Horseshoe Bend Vineyards and Winery. It would be a nice refreshing wine for an afternoon by the pool. Again, a nice surprise from one of our local wineries. It’s way past time for another visit!