From the moment I saw that Peninsula Cellars was located in an historic old school house, I was charmed.
Then we went inside. Carrying on the school house theme, there were lessons written on the blackboards and wines with with clever school related names.
Even the handles of the taps for their Hard Cider and Old Fashioned Root Beer were made from school supplies! So clever!
Our wine selections included:
- 2013 Pinot Blanc
- 2013 Pinot Grigio
- Kroupa Orchards Apple Wine
- Old School White – a white blend of Riesling, Pinot Grigio, and Cayuga
- 2015 Late Harvest Riesling
- Summer Vacation – California Muscat
- Exchange Student – a red blend of Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and Syrah
- Old School Red – a red blend of Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Lemberger
- Detention – a red blend of Baco Noir, Cabernet Franc, and Marchel Foch
- Hot Rod Cherry
- Melange – a port style dessert wine, made with a blend of black sweet cherries
It was a very nice tasting with something for everyone. Abree enjoyed some root beer and a salted caramel chocolate bar. The favorites from this stop were Exchange Student, Old School Red, and the Apple Wine.
Detention was enjoyable, but a bit too sweet for me. However, that didn’t stop me from a great photo opportunity. Yes, I will only drink good wine!!!