Good Harbor Vineyards had a sizable tasting bar and a nice gift shop.
Here we sampled:
- 2011 Gruener Veltliner
- Fishtown White – a dry blend of Chardonnay, Vidal, and Vignoles
- 2011 Gewurztraminer
- Trillium – a medium-sweet white blend of Riesling, Vignoles, and Vidal
- The Retriever – a white blend of Riesling and Vidal
- 2012 Riesling
- 2014 Pinot Noir
- Labernet – a red blend of Zinfandel, Malbec, and Merlot
- Collaboration – a red blend of Merlot Syrah, and Malbec
- Harbor Red – a red blend of Marechal Foch, Leon Millot, and Chancellor
- 2015 Rose – 100% Marchal Foch
- Cherry Wine
It was nice tasting with several wines we appreciated. Good Harbor’s trio of house wines, Harbor Red, Trillium and Fishtown White were excellent values as well as very enjoyable. It was here that Aary discovered a new wine that she loved — Gruener Veltliner. In addition to the Guener, she also really liked the Harobr Red and the Rose. My list of favorites included the Trillium, Pinot Noir, Labernet, Collaboration, and Harbor Red. Bushmaster was enamoured with the dog-themed names and labels of The Retriever and Labernet. His experience would have been complete if he could have only met the winery dogs!