It was quite a line up of choices today. JP’s options included:
- Rock Island 2015 Chardonnay from Washington state
- Populis Reversée 2015 from Mendocino, California – Carginan Rose
- Populis 2014 from Menocino, California – Carginan
- Les Darons from Languedoc, France – red blend of Grenache, Carignan, and Syrah
- Leelanau Cellars Witches Brew – spiced red blend
Witches Brew was my clear pick of the five. It is a favorite fall wine and I look forward to it each year. It’s even better warmed up.
Jamie added to our experience sharing wines and Virginia peanuts from her travels:
- Pearmund Cellars 2014 Viognier from Broad Run, Virginia
- Pollak Vineyards 2011 Mille Fleurs from Greenwood, Virginia – a blend of Viognier and Eau-de-vie Brandy
Pearmund’s Viognier is a nice enjoyable white great for pairing with dinner or just enjoying on its own. Pollak’s fortified Mille Fleurs was a rich dessert wine. Both added an extra touch to the tasting.
And Virginia peanuts? They are ALWAYS good!