JP selected five wines for us to sample this day.
- Airlie’s Seven from Willamette Valley, Oregon – a white blend of seven different varietals
- Tenshen White from Santa Barbara County, California – a white blend of Viognier, Rousanne, Grenache Blanc, and Chardonnay
- Secret Vines 2015 Minervois Heritage Red Blend from La Liviniere, Minervois, France – a blend of Syrah, Grenache, and Carignan
- Secret Vines 2012 Cahors Malbec from Cahors, France
- Oliver’s Apple Pie from Indiana – a spiced apple wine
I was excited about the Malbec and couldn’t wait to try it. Malbec is typically my “go to” varietal. I was surprised to find that #3, the red blend that was my favorite of the day. #5 intrigued me with it’s description but it didn’t quite hit the mark with me as “apple pie in a bottle”.
Jamie brought in two of her acquisitions from her most recent trip to Virginia.
- King Family Vineyards 2015 Viognier from Crozet, Virginia
- Grace Estate 2014 Vidal Blanc from Crozet, Virginia
Having visited both wineries ourselves a few years ago, we enjoyed a revisit. Jamie’s experience at both wineries very much mirrored our own. Much as before, we prefered the Vidal Blanc from Grace Estate over the King Family Viognier.