It was another bonus Tuesday night tasting at Party Town. Pilar Zeglin brought us five wines from California to sample:
- Sea Monster 2014 Eclectic White Wine from San Lucas, California – a blend of 30% Viognier, 33% Riesling, 16% Grenache Blanc, and 12% Gewurztraminer
- Broadside 2015 Wild Ferment Chardonnay from Paso Robles, California
- Cycle’s Gladiator Petite Sirah from Novato, California
- Broadside 2014 Paso Robles from Paso Robles, California – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Broadside 2012 Margarita Vineyard from Paso Robles, California – Cabernet Sauvignon
Having fallen in love with the label of #1, I had high hopes that I would like it, but it was #2 that was my preference of the two whites. Overall, the Cabs won out with me with #4 slightly edging out #5.