We were back at Party Town this week. JP lined up five wines for our samplings:
- Maison Olivier Cuvee Premium White Table Wine from France – Sauvignon Blanc
- 2013 Bodegas El Porvenir de Cafayate Laborum from Cafayate, Argentina – Torrentes
- Riglos 2010 Gran Cabernet Sauvignon from Uco Valley, Mendoza Argentina
- Felix Lavaque 2010 Malbec from Cafayate, Argentina
- Duplin Bald Head Red from North Carolina – Pink Catawba
The Sauvignon Blanc was a surprise and very different from what I typically associate with Sauvignon Blanc. The Torrentes as also a nice surprise with good flavor. I was fortunate to have been able to garner a sample of the Cabernet Sauvignon before JP had to remove it from the table because of an issue with defective corks. It was actually my favorite, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to revisit it. The Malbec was also enjoyable. While the Duplin wine was supposed to be a Catawba, it also seemed as if it contained some Muscadine.
While I spent my revisits on the Malbec and Torrentes, I look forward to when the Riglos Cabernet Sauvignon is restocked so that I can try it again.
All in all, this was a great tasting with several nice wines. Thank you again JP!