It was a line up of organic wines from Bonterra Vineyards in California. From their full line we sampled the following:
- 2016 Sauvignon Blanc from Mendocino, Lake, & Sonoma Counties, California
- 2016 Chardonnay from Mendocino County, California
- 2014 Merlot from Mendocino County, California
- 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon from North Coast, California
- 2007 The Butler from Mendocino County, California – Southern Rhone Red Blend
Not big on the white varietals, Bushmaster and I started out with a half sample each of the Chardonnay and the Sauvignon Blanc. When we switched glasses, it turned out he prefered my pour of the Sauvignon Blanc whereas I prefered his pour of the Chardonnay. Funny how that works out sometimes!
Both reds were nice but my preference was for the Merlot that was bolder than the typical Merlot. I spent several of my revisits on that one.
The Butler was in limited supply and the few extra bottles that JP had were snapped up quickly. Unfortunately, he was out of samples by the time we reached that end of the line up. We can only speculate about what we missed. JP has assured us though, that he will be getting more in stock.
Our dessert wine for the day was Huber Winery’s Bourbon Barrel Blackberry wine from Borden, Indiana. What a treat! It was delicious with just the right balance of wood and bourbon flavor. I had visited Huber Winery some years ago. I remarked to Bushmaster, that we definitely needed to plan a stop there during our travels this summer!