I was quickly reminded of a song from my daughter’s dance competition days, when we walked into wine tasting this day. “If You Can Can Can!” I hadn’t received the notification email so I have to admit, I was slightly less than enthused when I saw the cans all lined up.
How wrong I was!
The wine was actually pretty good. Even the Chardonnay.
Two different producers of canned wine were included in this tasting. Union Wine Company hails from the state of Oregon and Essentially Geared Wine Company is based in California.
We were able to sample:
- Union Wine Company Underwood Pinot Gris
- Essentially Geared Wine Company Chardonnay
- Essentially Geared Wine Company Rosé
- Essentially Geared Wine Company Red Wine
- Union Wine Company Underwood Pinot Noir
Each can of wine contains approximately 2-1/2 glasses of wine so therefore 2 cans are the equivalent of a single bottle and the pricing falls right in line with bottled wine. They fit perfectly in a cooler so they are easy to keep cold and they provide an unbreakable container for around the pool.
I have to say it again. They were actually pretty good! It was very hard to pick out a favorite because I liked them all. What a great alternative to boxed wine!
A bit of research revealed that Union Wine Company offers three other varieties :
- Underwood Rosé Wine – Rosé blend of Pinot Gris, Syrah, & Pinot Noir
- Underwood The Bubbles – Sparkling Chardonnay
- Underwood Rosé Bubbles – Sparkling Pinot Noir Rosé