What a fantastic tasting JP lined up for us! The wines he selected had all been aged in the bottle at least 5 years and some as many as 7 years.
- Tobin James James Gang Reserve 2011 Riesling from Monterey County, California
- Kimmel 2010 Chardonnay from Mendocino, California
- McNab Ridge 2011 Pinotage from Mendocino County, California
- Walter Schug 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon from Sonoma Valley, California
- Lonen 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley, California
These were all some really great wines and this tasting was such a treat. I even enjoyed the Chardonnay. Our friend David covered up the S on Schug and we all had a good laugh about the potential of a wine named “Chug”. The Lonen Cabernet Sauvignon was my favorite of the reds but it was the Riesling that made the top of my list. It was so rich and full bodied and the amber color was amazing. A complete delight to the palate!