We had been looking forward to visiting this winery ever since we called to ask if they were dog friendly and were told by the owner, “Of course! Our Irish Setter runs the place!”
Their tasting room was fantastic with a view overlooking Lake Erie. The tasting bar wrapped around the sizable room and was ready to accommodate any number of customers.
The bar top itself was covered in glass with sectioned areas beneath the glass. Each one featured a different beach from around the lake, the United States, and the world. Maps pin-pointed all the beaches that were represented. The sand and artifacts had been provided by patrons who had come from everywhere to visit the winery.
After being completely charmed by the facility itself, we couldn’t want to taste their wines.
- 2015 Noiret – A very excellent red!
- 2015 Baco Noir
- 2013 Shipwreck Red – Red blend of Baco-Noir, Cabernet Franc, Chambourcin, and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sunset Blush – Semi-dry blend with a touch of Steuben
- Red Sky – Blend of Concord and Niagara with Concord dominating
- Cavitation – Sparkling Steuben
- Shipwreck White – White blend
- Captains Select – Dry Sherry
Their wines were very well done and we liked most everything. The Noiret topped our list.
When the winery dog, Cabernet, arrived, he, Peanut and Brody were quick to make friends.
Before we left, the Classy Canines took a break from socializing to pose for a photo.
We had such a nice time visiting with the owners and sampling their wines. You definitely do not want to miss this winery!